Sangoma has been around for a long time. VI only started a decade ago. There's not a lot of information about what kind of revenue VI made, but the whole deal was only worth $42 million. You can slice their annual revenue a few different ways, but Sangoma was grossing around $57 million in the most recent year.

Have to admit I haven't paid a lot of attention to Sangoma; I knew the name but thought they were a Japanese company...

On 10/21/2019 6:55 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
I was a little surprised that Sangoma was large enough to buy VI, instead of
the other way around, or a merger of equals.

Hoping it's not like Google buying Nest where Nest became just a brand and
everything got sucked into the Google ecosystem.  As in having to use Sangoma
software and hardware if you want to use VI for
SIP/origination/termination/DIDs/porting/911 and other backend VoIP services.

-----Original Message-----
From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Matt Hoppes
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 7:44 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Sangoma buying Voip Innovations

I realize people may not of heard of them, so I’m not really trying to make fun
of you.

Your question just kind of struck me like somebody asking who is Facebook?

They’ve been around for many years doing voice things specifically with
asterisk. I think I’ve been using their PRI cards since back in 2004.