Yeah. Plus the tornado, the candlestick, and the gingerbread man.

On 10/23/2019 3:20 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
I go through that all the time with customer routers.

Q:  Is the Internet light on?
A:  I don't see an Internet light.  There's a tadpole, a sparkler, ...

It's very sad, given that every country in the world probably knows what
words like Internet and WiFi mean.  Try using Google to translate those
"English" words into other languages like Spanish or German.

But instead we get tadpole and sparkler icons that nobody can figure out.

-----Original Message-----
From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Nate Burke
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 10:27 AM
To: Animal Farm <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] OT: What do Icon's Look Like

So I was trying to explain to my Mother over the phone last night how to
Rescan her TV after the channel changes last weekend.  The TV only has
Icon's for choosing menu options, no Text.  What I'm describing as the
Icon's she needs to click on, she can't find (A picture of a little
antenna), and what She is describing the icons on the screen look like, I
can't figure out what they are ("There's a G with a dot in it").  Why can't
Icon's just look like what they're supposed to be?