Which was probably a total failure during the power downing ( can't call it outage when it was done on purpose ) in California and all the cell towers that dropped out. Someone needs to start rethinking the infrastructure for the real future instead of fantasy-land... Didn't think I would ever say that I missed Ma Bell...

On 11/08/2019 09:22 AM, Tim Reichhart wrote:
Most of the fire alarms are now going to cellular data so i dont know how old this fire code is now but yeah.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: "Daniel White" <dwh...@atheral.com <mailto:dwh...@atheral.com>>
    To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com
    <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>>
    Date: 11/08/19 12:15
    Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Fw: Old phone guy question

    Tell them it is required by fire code to be on a POTS line not a
    VoIP line. While that isn't true everywhere, in many places it is
    (just like emergency elevator phones).

    You may look into getting a resale account with the phone company
    for POTS lines so you can bundle that in.

    photograph
    Daniel White
    Co-Founder & Managing Director of Operations
    phone: +1 (702) 470-2766
    direct: +1 (702) 470-2770