I run into that with ATT as well

On 11/9/19 4:18 PM, Mark Radabaugh wrote:
Yes, we have our server on a 10Gb port for precisely that reason.  940Mbps is
about the actual limit due to TCP overhead on a 1Gb link.  We routinely see
good test results.   It does take a wired connection and a good computer to
test at Gigabit.

Looking at the logs for the last 2000 tests on our speedtest server it shows
multiple tests over 939Mbps including some from off net including XFinity,
Spectrum, and ACD.

Amusingly AT&T’s best result is 539Mbps, though that probably says more about how
our network reaches AT&T.

Mark

On Nov 9, 2019, at 11:02 AM, Matt Hoppes <mattli...@rivervalleyinternet.net>