Snow, Ice, thunderstorms.

From: Bill Prince
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:04 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Common Networks bets 5G will replace cable internet in
your home

The most recent reports say that they're planning on 24 launches in the next 12
months. That would put them at about a 1400 satellite constellation. Basic
service would be in the neighborhood of 300-600 satellites. Double that (if
reports are accurate) would allow them to provide service to most of North
America.

One metric that I've not seen is what kind of sky aperture is required to
provide uninterrupted service. There are areas around here with really dense
tree cover, and there is only the smallest open sky window (less than 5
degrees, if that). Would that be open enough for there to be a satellite in
view all the time?