From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> on behalf of Daniel White
<dwh...@atheral.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 11:51 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Aviat

[EXTERNAL]
I love SAF and probably always will.  Lots of great memories working there.
Steve I think I was even part of helping convince you on that first SAF link ;-)

With that said, Ken is the real deal and Aviat has really come out swinging.
This is the old Harris-Stratex for those that deployed that gear - very solid
equipment just never interested in the WISP market until recently.  The radios
are very, very sexy... and with the people that have gone to work for them over
the last 24 months plus the legacy of the brand... I wouldn't have qualms about
choosing Aviat.

My only knock against them is selling direct vs. channel... I believe in the
value of a great channel but it looks like Aviat is making the right moves
where the direct model usually falls apart.

On the trial license... I'd forget about it.  Won't be any cheaper (a trial
license that is)... and I doubt your going to get any manufacturers to play
ball on a bakeoff type thing anyways where you could return the gear and keep
your favorite.

[Image removed by sender. photograph]
Daniel White
Co-Founder & Managing Director of Operations
phone: +1 (702) 470-2766
direct: +1 (702) 470-2770