Somewhat validates the saying "It's not what you know, but who you know."

On 12/11/2019 8:33 AM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
Just remembering the time when Mot announced 1 million canopy units sold (I may have the number wrong) at a channel partners meeting in Tucson.  I was surprised that Tom Hulsebosch was sitting at my table.  I was pretty far from the stage, kinda the “kids table”.  Normally he didn’t spend much time with me.  Then we learned a few days later that he got pushed aside so the pros could manage the product line.

We has several new chiefs in pretty rapid succession for a few years there.  I don’t think they ever allowed me to get FCC approved again.

But none of the new bosses really did anything fantastic until Cambium was spun off.  Maybe Phil Bolt did.  And he might have helped me with an FCC approval.  But he didn’t fit the mold either it appears.

I know that once Tom was gone I no longer and any kind of friend inside Mot admin (I did at the engineering level but not admin and legal).

Seems similar to Rick getting (from my perspective, not trying to create a disturbance in the force) pushed out of WISPA after he made it take off.