I would like to have gone Azotel, they had reporting features I really
liked. Not a lot of people move away from them (that's about as easy as
changing your domain name or telephone number). I never got to try them,
but if you're looking at deep financial insight into your network, they
would be the guys to talk to.
Sonar is an up and comer, built specifically for WISPs, too new yet to see
what happens when it's bones get old and dirty, has a Mac guy feel to it.
We've been on powercode for like 10 or more years. They were built from
scratch by an ISP for internal use and grew, and were bought multiple
times. Bertram wireless owns them now and has for a bunch of years. They're
kind of like a marriage, sometimes you're wanting to by a nice necklace,
sometimes you're digging a hole in the back yard and sharpening your knife.
They're on my shitlist right now, but I still wouldn't have any issue with
recommending them to you as what you get for the money is pretty cost
effective. All I can say is build your own documentation, because they
don't have any to speak of.
You're not going to get better insight than what Layne is offering,
serverplus deals with pretty much every platform, Every kind of operator
and every kind of cobbled implementation out there. He can offer you the
unique ability to let you describe what kind of operator you are and let
you know which of the many systems would meet your needs based on the
support tickets he sees generated on each system and each operators
practices. That's actually a service he could probably market