On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 07:24:06PM -0500, Matt Hoppes wrote:
> I find it interesting ipv4 auctions are still going strong even though ARIN
> has found a glut of IPs.

One possibility:
You have to hold a /20 or less to be on the waiting list.  (4.1.8)

Also:
I had people trying to rent integers from a client back when ARIN
still had a couple of years of supply left.  I thought it was obvious
that they were miscreants, but the folks I was working with were
enamoured with the idea of making money just because they had some
IP space that wasn't in use.

10+ years later they are *still* dealing with repercussions and hit on
their reputation.