The man boob thing came from a guy that drank something like a gallon of soy milk for a year. Once the problem was identified he quit drinking the soy milk and the boobs went away. The interwebs are connecting that story to this story.

But at the bottom of that abstract, they equate a soy based burger with a dose of birth control. That sounds like something that would not be good for most of us.

-----Original Message----- From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Monday, January 6, 2020 7:13 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT preserve and protect our precious bodily fluids

If you look at the scale on the graph.  It's well beyond "on par".   In
sheer quantity the estrogen supplement fits within the margin of error
on the soy burger.

....but it's plant estrogen, not human estrogen.  The effect on a human
is not the same.  The effect on humans is also not universal.
Ethnicities who've been eating soy a long time don't see as much effect
as a Caucasian for example, and women of different ages respond
differently.  Sometimes the soy estrogen bonds to estrogen receptors in
humans, but the effect can be either an increase or decrease in estrogen
effects (i.e. it bonded to the receptor and had a real effect, or it
bonded to the receptor and blocked the human estrogen from having it's
effect). In younger humans it's usually a decrease in the effect of
their natural human estrogen.

Anyway if the Impossible Whopper gave someone man-boobs it's because
they eat too much Burger King.  It's more likely to have the opposite
effect up until your of an age where you're not making much of your
natural hormones anymore.  So be more manly. Eat soy.*

-Adam

*I don't eat soy because it's gross.