I am trying to get a cheap "atomic" clock to synchronize, not sure if I have
to wait until night time propagation or what, it is only showing 1 signal
bar.

But I did a couple Google searches, and was the federal government actually
planning about a year ago to defund WWV and take it off the air?  Seriously?
And that didn't happen, right, WWVB is still transmitting?

I was a little surprised to realize there is just the one transmitter site
in Colorado, and that WWVB transmits on such a low frequency (50 kHz) and
sends 1 bit per second of data.