From: "Doug Hass" <hassd...@gmail.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 11:30:37 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Swimming Pools

We have a freshwater pool here in Indiana. We get 5 months out of it, with some
heating at the front and back end. We add water most Augusts/Septembers once
the nights get cooler and you have more evaporation, but that adds only $25-50
to our water bill in those months. We haven't converted to saltwater because
there seems to be no need.

We spend maybe $7-$8 a week on chemicals, and I buy all the chemicals (liquid
chlorine, muriatic acid, Borax/soda ash--those are literally all you need until
you winterize) at Ace Hardware or Lowe's. We moved away from using stabilized
chlorine tablets or shocks as they just resulted in using more and more
chemicals and having to maintain much higher chlorine levels because the pool
ended up overstabilized with CYA values that were off the charts. As for
cleaning, we invested $1200 in a Dolphin robot pool cleaner. I throw it in the
pool once a week, twice when the cottonwood is blowing around. I might spend
15-20 minutes a week maintaining the pool.

I'd vote for doing it.

Doug Hass
Chair, Association of Corporate Counsel Employment and Labor Law Network
hassd...@gmail.com
(847) 957-1061

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 10:20 AM Mark - Myakka Technologies < m...@mailmt.com >