Maybe it just reflects my customer base, but by far the #1 reason I hear for
streaming instead of sat TV is cost.  People say DirecTV is too expensive.

#2 reason is probably binge watching.

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of ch...@wbmfg.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:33 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] The Future

Think about how many residential customers no longer have satellite TV.  They
don’t like antennas and they like the semi al carte that streaming provides.
With 8K tvs and more content daily the streaming BW is just going to go up and
up and up.

I think when fiber is compared to any wireless technology it will be the best
value.  The wireless providers are all going to have some kind of limit or cap
on quantity.  They cannot compete with a 1 GIG unlimited fiber connection for
$50-$70  I seriously doubt Musk’s satellite will be able to compete with that.
 Or any so-called 5G provider.