Gotcha. I think Ken has a better approach. But, if you are really looking
for the whole state, I would maybe not think of them as a sales person.
More of a Channel Manager. Their job would be to go out and build those
partnerships Ken mentioned and to setup a program, train partners, continue
to measure their success, cull the ones that don't continue to perform, and
develop the channel by continuing to bring in more highly qualified
partners. It also takes your target from tens of thousands to a few
thousand IT people.
it seems that approach would lead to more sales that are better qualified
and likely of a higher tier than a straight salesperson who would likely
end up just taking calls from inside sales.

In addition, a channel manager would be easier to manage and much easier to
find than the type of aggressive sales person you are going to need. We use
Hubspot to promote through our web site and track the sales process. No
matter what path you decide on I recommend it highly. Not cheap but good
results and great tracking from first look through to sales cycle
completion.

Lewis Bergman
325-439-0533 Cell