Yeah, I suspect that 50% off MSRP is somewhere close to their cost, or a
bit below - keep in mind that it's not actually 50% off, it's 50% off MSRP,
and nobody pay more than MSRP-20% to begin with (and a lot of people are
paying less than that).
They aren't asking for the old radios back, so they obviously aren't
planning to try selling them in a non-FCC market. I suppose anybody that
has these things is free to do that, but even if somebody can find a use
for them, once you deal with shipping to another country, I don't imagine
there'd be a lot of value.

Fortunately, I had the sense to switch to the gen 2 radios as soon as they
started selling them, so this is having relatively little affect on us.
Baicells has been saying for quite awhile now that they might not be able
to get the gen 1 radios certified for CBRS, so it's not like this just came
out of nowhere...