Well if it is exactly so many seconds it will surely help.
Start with low gain and work your way up with antennas.
Or just try to sample the area with an omni and signal strength alone.
Enough samples and you will have a decent direction.

From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 9:05 AM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Your a strange one, Mister Grinch

Good luck.  I hate trying to locate interference sources.  If it only occurs
for 1-2 seconds once every 4 minutes, that will be even more difficult.

Maybe at least you can determine what frequency and channel width it is using,
and the signal level.  To figure out if it is on the exact same frequency, or
maybe an adjacent channel but so strong it is overloading the receiver front
end.  I know there are some high powered paging systems around 930 MHz, not
sure what would be up at 950.

Is the STL analog or digital?  And is it like a backhaul link with tons of fade
margin, or could a relatively modest signal interfere with it?