TANSTAFAL  Specially in RF

On 02/27/2020 10:05 AM, Mathew Howard wrote:
Yeah, Baicells CPE report signal in RSRP, rather than RSSI like most of the radios WISPs are used to, and I think that's pretty much standard for LTE radios, in general.

You can get away with low signal levels when there's no noise and no load on the AP, so it seems great when you put your first few customers on it... once you have 20 customers with lousy signals on an AP and a few competitors using the band, then it's suddenly not so great anymore. I don't know how many times I've seen somebody put up a new LTE eNB and post something like "getting 80 meg through 4 miles of trees!!!" ...yeah, but wait until a few people are actually using it.