We had a company quote us 7%, but our math came out to 12%, they disagreed no
matter what we said. Aren’t they required to disclose the real rates?

IIRC Ritalia was around 12% or so, so expensive money.

I wish our credit union could be bothered to consider it, but they have a fresh
stack of blank stares from all staff.

I heard banks in the Midwest were more used to equipment financing. Don’t want
to buy new at 2-3X the price because they have a good deal on financing.

On Feb 28, 2020, at 16:21, Forrest Christian (List Account)
<li...@packetflux.com> wrote:

> And don't fall for the 'lease rate' crap the leasing companies push.
>
> Let's say you get a 5-year lease on a 100K piece of equipment.  The leasing
> company will quote you a leasing rate of something like 2.5%, with a payment
> of $2500/month, with a dollar buyout.  The naive assumption is that 2.5% is
> the interest rate.   Which would be a great rate.   Unfortunately, this isn't
> actually what it is.  Instead, 2.5% is the amount of the total purchase you
> pay each month.   So this means your payment is 100K * 0.025 = $2500 per
> month.
>
> If you take "100K, 5 Years, 2500/month" payment and stick it into a loan
> calculator, you'll find that the rate is actually 17.274%.  Which is pretty
> bad.
>
> It's even worse that the sales people will tell you to your face how great
> the rate is and how it's better than your bank.   And then argue with you
> when you tell them how bad it really is.
>

>> On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 2:28 PM can...@believewireless.net
>> Ritalia has horrible rates. Other companies are better. Your bank is
>> probably the best.
>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 4:07 PM Jeff Broadwick - Lists <jeffl...@att.net>
>>> wrote:
>>> +1 on Ritalia!