Well it isn't this:
https://www.businessinsider.com/poland-app-coronavirus-patients-mandaotory-selfie-2020-3

It sounds like whatever the reason is is based on a policy from 20+
years ago, unless they are looking at switch traffic logs or something.

Even then, you could correlate the IP address you are giving him with
the VoIP call...

I'd think geolocation via a cell phone would be easier.  Or an ankle
monitor :-D

photograph
Daniel White
Co-Founder & Managing Director of Operations
phone: +1 (702) 470-2770
direct:+1 (702) 470-2766