I might have to use a screwdriver to tweak its internals a bit...

From: Steve Jones
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 3:55 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Smart Antenna Alignment review?

After the boss gave the funding OK the two things I really looked for after
reading and asking for reviews was speed of the result while hands free and
likelihood of sending it with a tech and it coming back in one piece.

The guy that lent me his  brought it over, we set and ap up on our tower leg to
test. Easy to set up on the ground. Like any adjunct tool, it may be a little
more tricky hanging on a tower, but by design it's small steps, attach mount,
then attach tool, so not bulky steps.
It does take some seconds to get a solution, but that's expected if you're
looking for accuracy.
The app is really slick, you will want a magnet mount for your phone if you use
it. The display on the unit is analog LCD so you dont have to deal with silly
glare nonsense of a full display.
Output is super responsive, no turn and wait.

I made the guy let me fill out a damage replacement contract to let me borrow
it since I fully intended to hand it to a tower monkey and see if they broke it.

When the techs went to the site to test it out (aligned one new AP and verified
my other 4 were way off on az/el) they fell in love with it. No more digital
levels and printed GE maps with lines and eyeballing things.

Tech already had his templates loaded in the app and sent me the reports right
from there.

Setup/tear down of the unit were problem free, and other than some grain dust,
it came back without a scratch.

You definitely need to find someone who will let you put your hands on one. The
one we borrowed was 3 years old and the battery was still problem free.
Enclosed battery was a concern for me, but I'm betting a quality battery is
part of that hefty pricetag.