Funny, some content sources consider their edge router to be a customer facing router.
Kinda like banks consider a deposit into your checking account a debit.

-----Original Message----- From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 9:30 AM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Edge Router Options

Yeah, I feel border is more descriptive, it's on the border of your network.
I usually hear access and core for the rest, where access connects to
customers.  I used to just say tower router, but lately we have 2 routers at
some towers, one handling the backhaul links and the other handling the APs.
Sometimes with a Preseem appliance between them.

Core router is a vague term, basically not border or access.  Some people
use it to mean a bigass router, usually at a NOC.  More descriptive of how
much traffic it carries or how much it cost, than its function.  If you're
not a border router, and you're not an access router, and you're not a CPE
router, you're just a router.