You can do ribs that way if you don't have a real smoker or an egg.  foil
then chips in the bottom of a baking pan with the ribs on a rack above
them.  ~4hr @ ~200 in the oven then finish them on a regular webber or
whatnot.   If the chips start to smoke too much, squirt some water on
them.  Not sure if this would work in one of them modern fancy air
circulating ovens - the metal pan needs to get hotter than the air temp to
make smoke but this generally isn't an issue in an oven that just cycles
the burner on/off.