From: AF [mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com] On Behalf Of Bill Prince
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2020 1:30 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Coronavirus made working from home the new normal. So the
FCC is giving us a new Wi-Fi lane

That was the logic behind portable phones going from 0.9 GHz to 2.4 GHz to
5.8GHz, then finally DECT 6. 0.9 GHz probably would have been the best option
because it had the most range, but got trashed with baby monitors, wireless
weather stations and smart meters. DECT 6 actually work pretty well, but not
because it's one more than 5, but because it occupied the sweet spot between
0.9GHz and 2.4GHz.