https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI-w-23IpwU

It was basically the same concept as this thing only a lot bigger and put out
lots more smoke. I had no idea they still made things like this.

From: AF [mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com] On Behalf Of James Howard
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2020 8:07 PM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT fogging insects

30 some years ago my brother and I got a surplus fogger somewhere.  I don't
remember exactly where we got it but it had been used by either the DNR or the
county to fog parks.  I don't know how they used it but we mounted it to the
roof of an old Jeep that I had at the time and drove around my parent's
property.  It was beautiful.  I had two barrels (for lack of a better term) and
the whole unit was probably a bit more than 6 feet long.  It looked like a
double barreled tank turret mounted to the roof of the Jeep.  It "ran" on
diesel fuel.  I don't remember how you started it but it sounded like a high
rpm diesel engine with no muffler.  We used malathion or whatever the nasty bug
killer that was available back then mixed either with diesel or kerosene I
think.  When it worked it put out an awesome amount of fog.  We would drive
around the property and pretty much get rid of mosquitos and deer flies for at
least a few days.

I wish I had pictures of it........  actually, it's probably better that we
didn't take any.....

I don't know if anything like that might still be around but they put out tons
of smoke/fog (might as well be honest, smog with poison in it!).