The point was that there are lots of things that cause as many deaths or
more, but we aren't comparing them to people killed in Vietnam. They
specifically did this to try to raise an emotional point with people who
are touchy about the Vietnam conflict. It is just as relevant to compare
auto deaths with war casualties as it is with a virus. Neither have
anything to do with each other. It is fear mongering plain and simple.