I see Trimble has a R1 GNSS receiver model that pairs via bluetooth with your
phone/tablet.

1. Are they accurate enough to trust for surveying things like power
poles/tower locations.

2. They’re $2500 retail, is there a cheaper option that still has “reasonable”
accuracy?

My experience with consumer grade GPS units is that they’re frequently
inaccurate, sometimes wildly. Makes a difference when you’re near a property
line.