I'm not aware of any movement seeking no governance at all.  One could say that all parties have the ultimate goal of being governed <in a certain way that they approve of>.  Even anarchy isn't no governance, if you look at the original meaning rather than the colloquial usage.

If someone's goal is not to be governed at all, then what do they want?  To be champion of the Thunderdome?

On 7/20/2020 3:10 PM, Steve Jones wrote:
I do this all the time with my libertarian friends. I always preface a conversation talking about how libertarians are just statists in a pretty dress. Sometimes ill throw in a taxation is not theft for good measure. Then no matter where it goes I point out their ultimate goal is to be governed.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 1:18 PM <ch...@wbmfg.com <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

    I love arguing with my kids.  I will pick any position or even
    swap sides mid argument.  Their spouses have finally figured out
    that I just love the debate.  But the main thing I get out of it
    is exposure the new ideas.  They get a dose of reality. One
    daughter in law refused to believe that one could exist on
    $1000/month.  They one of my sons informed her that he lived on
    less than that for several years.  Same daughter in law thought I
    should be paying all my employees a minimum wage of $15.  I told
    her that most of my employees do make that or more, but entry
    level jobs would not exist if they had to do so.  Then she got on
    me for paying so low the employees could not afford healthcare.  I
    informed her that we do provide health care.  She stopped talking
    for a few minutes that afternoon...
    *From:* Brian Webster
    *Sent:* Monday, July 20, 2020 12:10 PM
    *To:* 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT - political

    I didn’t assume that you were Adam. I pose questions or viewpoints
    for the wider audience. Too often I am seeing polarizing views all
    over from people who have never stopped to quietly consider the
    other side or multiple sides to an issue. Put the shoe on the
    other foot has been lost as a concept. The instant gratification
    society has lost their ability to have a little pause and consider
    mentality (part of getting old I guess). Whenever I have a chance
    to politely discuss situations with others and pose some other
    possibilities in a situation, most people will be courteous and
    say I guess I had never considered that point, or I was not aware
    of that fact. When I also listen to their perspective on the same
    topic it gives me other points to think about that I may not have
    known or thought about. I am not one to have any illusions that I
    can change a person’s beliefs or core values, but I do try and at
    least get a person to pause and try to consider a different
    viewpoint or facts. I have no aspirations or delusions that  I can
    get people to think the way I do or believe that I am right on any
    particular topic. My upbringing and life experiences form a
    different outlook than any other person and I believe every other
    person I meet has experienced life in their own way that forms
    their own outlook.

    Wow I am sounding like some old coger rocking on the porch……..

    Thank you,

    Brian Webster