Oddly, it looks like you can do that on a console port login by adding +t80w after your login name, where 80 is your column width.

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Console_login_process

I tried this on a telnet login and it didn't complain, but also didn't make the traceroute output any wider.  I'm not sure if it doesn't apply to telnet logins or doesn't apply to traceroute.

I never really noticed this limitation before.