My experience is that tortillas freeze well... I've been known to buy the
same industrial size bags and freeze them, and then pull them out a bit at
a time.   I usually try to buy the ones which are conveniently packaged
into smaller inside packages where I can, and if not, I'll separate them so
I can pull out a modest stack to have some thawed out.

I've also been known to keep the not-frozen-ones in the fridge, which seems
to prolong freshness as long as you're planning on heating them up (and why
wouldn't you)?   The trick is that refrigerating pretty much any flour
product (such as bread) results in some sort of chemical change which is
reversed by heating above room temperature.

I don't find that doing either of the above makes enough difference to
matter with your garden-variety store-bought tortillas.   On the other
hand, in a previous life, I worked a contract in the SF bay area for 6
months and so I also know that eating your typical store-bought tortilla
just isn't the same as eating one which came out of the tortilla factory
within the last couple days.   Especially corn ones.  Nothing beats a
freshly made corn tortilla...

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 12:40 PM <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

> My wife is always buying industrial size bags of tortillas.
> As if we still had a household of 12 people.
>
> I am well known for eating slightly expired (normally less than a decade)
> food.
> But I have never liked the idea of old tortillas.  The corn ones start to
> break if they get too old.
>
> I guess I don’t need to worry:
>
> https://firstwefeast.com/eat/2014/07/nasa-launched-taco-bells-tortillas-into-space

- Forrest