From: "Matt Hoppes" <mattli...@rivervalleyinternet.net>
To: af@af.afmug.com
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2020 5:54:50 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] What is “reselling”?

Define “reselling” a circuit.

Obviously getting a connection and sticking customers on the provider’s IP
addresses would be reselling without a doubt.

Is running a tunnel over a circuit back to a data center and sticking customer
traffic in the tunnel reselling? I would think not as the only thing the
connection is carrying is my VPN traffic.

So now further down the rabbit hole - if the provider supports BGP and I’m
using my IP addresses - am I “reselling” the provider’s service or mine?