Some UPS don't care for an unregulated AC. Either run your current
generator through a line conditioner or go with inverter generators. The
latter would be my choice and is what I use. Way back in the day I had
cisco t1 routers that would not run on a 6kw portable generator. I had to
use my truck inverter to power the site.