you could do like I did with our first VM host with several vms mirror it on a  blade server. I can take down a drive so long as I have blade up server keeps going while we do maint on host.

very kewl stuff

On 9/26/2020 2:50 PM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
Thanks everyone.
*From:* Steven Kenney
*Sent:* Saturday, September 26, 2020 1:22 PM
*To:* af
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] servers
You can get used off lease servers for pennies on the dollar.  You can get a 2 socket 12 core 24 thread Xeon machine with 128 Gb of ram and SAS drives for under $800 CDN.  All from NOC environments so if you put them back into a good environment they will run for years. Don't bother with blades.  You won't need that until you get really big.   Go Dell, HP or Supermicro.  I've used them all for many years.  They are built well and last long.  Supermicro is the cheapest by far but surprisingly well built and supported.
logo <https://www.wavedirect.net/>
<https://www.facebook.com/ruralhighspeed> <https://www.instagram.com/wave.direct/> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/wavedirect-telecommunication/> <https://twitter.com/wavedirect1> <https://www.youtube.com/user/WaveDirect>
        *STEVEN KENNEY *
DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL CONNECTIVITY & CONTINUITY A: 158 Erie St. N | Leamington ON
E: st...@wavedirect.org | P: 519-737-9283
W: www.wavedirect.net