From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Nate Burke
Sent: Friday, October 9, 2020 3:05 PM
To: Animal Farm <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] Backup Solutions

Hearing more and more about all the ransom-ware attacks, what is the best
method these days to do pc/server backups.  Just backing up to a remote storage
disk isn't enough anymore, since as long as it's connectable from the machine,
it can get locked too.  I only have a couple Standalone ESXi servers, and a
handful of physical machines.
Probably <10tb max across everything.  One of the cloud providers like
Backblaze would be the simplest, start the software and just let it run.  Is
there a local NAS that would do something similar without breaking the bank, or
taking hours to configure?  Just curios what the new 'best practice' backup
policy is.