LiFePo (Lithium Iron Phosphate) is considered very safe. Completely different charge profile vs lead acid though.

On 10/28/2020 12:32 PM, Steve Jones wrote:
my biggest concern with lithium is im a dolt and dont know for sure which variants arent prone to explode

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 2:11 PM TJ Trout <t...@voltbb.com> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 10:11 AM Harold Bledsoe <hrbled...@outlook.com> wrote:

I’ve used the Merit Sun batteries for other applications.  They work well and have a BMS.  That said, they cannot be used with a lead-acid charging profile.  Another option would be to disable the charger on the UPS (if possible?) and use a separate LiFePO4 charger for the batteries.  That will give you more options.

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 11:44 AM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] Lithium lead acid replacement batteries

Is anyone using Lithium replacements for lead acid it there UPS setups.   Our standard setup is 4 12v 100 amp hour external batteries on APC or Alpha UPSs.   I read that some of the LiFePO4 12v Lithium batteries are drop in replacements for lead acid.   Are all with built in BMUs considered drop in?

Any one doing this?   What make and model have you used.  Price?  Also interested to hear if anyone has purchased though Alibaba?   Prices look good, but are they too good to be true?