The whirlybirds work by letting the rising warm air spin the blades.   I wonder if putting the intake lower in the solarium and the whirlybird highest in the cold house would do the same?  The house being colder would be like the outside?  Or does the whirlybird need a breeze blowing by to get it started?

On 11/4/20 11:08 AM, Steve Jones wrote:
if you want to run duct, put a whirlybird vent outside, as long as the intake is in the bathroom and the duct runs through the solarium it will start drafting and likely pull the warm solarium air into the bathroom. similar to a cold smokehouse

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 1:01 PM Brian Webster <i...@wirelessmapping.com <mailto:i...@wirelessmapping.com>> wrote:

    Or something like this solar powered attic fan

    https://smile.amazon.com/Amtrak-Powerful-Solar-Ventilates-build-up/dp/B01FIH
    M92G/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=solar+power+attic+fan&qid=1604516333&sr=8-

<https://smile.amazon.com/Amtrak-Powerful-Solar-Ventilates-build-up/dp/B01FIHM92G/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=solar+power+attic+fan&qid=1604516333&sr=8->
    7

    Thank you,
    Brian Webster
    www.wirelessmapping.com <http://www.wirelessmapping.com>

    -----Original Message-----
    From: AF [mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com
    <mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com>] On Behalf Of Robert Andrews
    Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 1:42 PM
    To: af@af.afmug.com <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>
    Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Moving heat without power.

    Cool, ( or heat ) That has me thinking the right way, could even
    build
    something using one of the R refrigerants that boil much lower temps?

    I have solar there but don't want to waste power on that if I can do
    some kind of passive pump.

    We eventually will have about 7K watts more solar there but this
    is just
    to take advantage of the situation this winter to keep the house side
    from freezing up so hard.

    This place has basically been abandoned for 10 years...