I believe the claim was that Cambium hacked Ubnt's hardware so they could
figure out how to load Cambium firmware onto Ubnt radios. This would save a
wisp a ton of money if they decided to switch platforms as they would not
have to buy new CPEs, just APs. They found some technicality in the DMCA, I
believe, and it looks like either Cambium decided it might go against them
(highly likely when trying to convince non-technical judges)  or they
decided it would just be less expensive to end it now. What looks to those
of us who understand things like radio chipsets better than the average joe
public like a no-brianer, is most likely incomprehensible to a judge or a
selection of random people in a jury pool. Heck I've seen supposed
"distinguished trial judges" not be able to tell which party is which in a
property dispute because one party claimed to be the other by filing brand
new articles of incorporation with the same name. I would expect trying to
convince them the radio hardware was not proprietary would be tantamount to
a fat man climbing mount everest without oxygen. Maybe "someone" will
figure out a way to do this independently just in case they don't want to
swap thousands of CPEs. I can't imagine it would be too difficult, but you
might open yourself up to a new lawsuit.