I hate the Internet listicles and carousels that are constantly shouting
"click on me, click on me".  But wow, this one was impossible to resist.
The first one, the potato roses, I want to make (only because nobody's going
to make it for me).  They are so cute.  And going through the list, they all
look delicious, even if they involve things I hate like brussels sprouts,
beets and spinach.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/recipes/50-delightful-veggie-sides-to
-round-out-christmas-dinner/ss-BB1c1BY7

BTW, creamed spinach sounds disgusting, but made right it is actually quite
yummy.  There was a Chicago restaurant The Berghoff that made a killer
creamed spinach.  I thought Berghoffs closed but apparently it is open again
under slightly different ownership, haven't been there in probably 20 years
so I don't know if it's the same.  They did publish a book of recipes, maybe
their creamed spinach is in there.

Same with fried eggplant (or its Italian cousin eggplant parmigiana).  Made
right it's wonderful, but more often it's overcooked, limp, soggy and
bitter.