Power going out and your food spoiling I thought was on you, if they give you bad power and blow up your fridge, then it's on them. Although, if it happens during a storm, how can you prove that it was the power that was the problem? And their lawyers are probably more expensive than your lawyers. I think that's why they will declare 'weather emergency' at a any storm, that probably absolves them of getting the power back in in X timeframe.