I'm getting more requests for office people to take handsets home with them. The Grandstream handset offers an OpenVPN client (The PBX is outside of their office network on a WAN Address already). What are thoughts on making remote SIP devices use a VPN. It seems that it would cut down on any number of NAT issues if it works the way I think that it should.

I can manage the Devices with the GDMS Cloud, so I'm not worried about the config of the phone. Does the VPN actually solve any network connectivity problems, or just add more complexity and points of failure?