Let's just assume you had $250K to park in low-cost stock market index
funds and had 20 years to just let it sit there.

Let's assume that the stock market return is around 10%/year like has been
typical.

In 20 years, you would have just under $1.7 million.   And, on average
would be returning 170K per year.   This is assuming you just planted it in
an index fund and didn't touch it, or add to it, or anything else.

- Forrest