When I was young they had posters at grade school showing us what blasting caps
looked like and to tell a grup if we saw any.  I think there may have been tv
commercials too.  Just piqued my interest.  Maybe it was due to growing up in
logging country in Oregon.  Did they do this in other places too?

I found the lock open on an explosives locker at the county gravel pit and
played with caps and sticks of dynamite.  I never had the guts to actually try
to set it off but I took them out and messed with them.

Couple of farm kids in the area got into their dads caps and it killed one of
them and blinded the other.

I wonder when this ceased to be a thing?

The big display boards they brought into JR High showing all the different
kinds of drugs piqued my interest too...