In my case we are probably going to be sticking with Mikrotik for now, but
I assume its similar for most hardware.

Where is the "load" when routing VLANs on the same physical port.

Backhauls of any capacity are almost all moving to SFP+ to support gigabit
and up capacity. APs are starting to come with cages as well.

We dont have the cage count. Looking at our options, combined with the
limitations powercode imposes, we have decided to stick with the RB4011
moving forward for our site routers and and external switch for our SFP+
cage count, probably something like CRS309 or something of that nature as
long as we stay under 7 SFP+ needed and trunk to the router via its single
SFP+

so most of the routing will happen on the same physical port with the
exception of the remaining copper backhauls.
We will probably use our current procurves until they die off to add more
LAN copper for APs where needed, but there may be APs like Medusas on the
CRS as well.

we currently only have a total of 2 Gbps upstream capacity, that will
probably double over the next year or so, so its not like we are running
massive bandwidth, we currently max around 100-150k pps on our heaviest CCR
so we wont hit that cap soon.

I dont know how the test results throughput is calculated, is that
distributed across al ports, its that the capability per port? a mix of
them?
I usually try to keep backhauls and LAN on different switch chips, but what
will be handling the traffic when most of it is on the same physical port?

I wont feel bad if you call me a dumbass for not knowing this type of shit
this far into the game, I have thick skin, but would still like to
understand whats happenning and what kind of issues Im about to cause myself