Previous Mars rovers had solar panels, which could get covered by dust and
cause them to shut down until a wind storm cleared them.  This new one has a
thermoelectric generator powered by plutonium.  Smart.  Surprised there were
not massive protests at the launching.

From: Bill Prince
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2021 12:58 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Helicopter on Mars

With fingers like that, I bet he can do some interesting chords.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>On 2/19/2021 11:46 AM, Jaime Solorza wrote:

  You know it's all about the bass

  On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, 3:38 PM Chuck McCown via AF <af@af.afmug.com> wrote:

    I wonder how it navigates.  I presume a barometric altimeter will work
there.  But how would they get bearing and distance from the ground vehicle?
You could use a Doppler antenna array to get a bearing I suppose.  And maybe
some kind of DME for distance.  Like to see a write up on that.