Well at least you have an official answer.  How important is connection
tracking to you?
Seems like something they could fix without too much difficulty.  Such as
change the type of a variable, or allocate more memory, or compress a file etc.

From: Steven Kenney
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 9:02 AM
To: af
Subject: [AFMUG] Mikrotik Official Limitations

Still fighting with Mikrotik about the 1072 reboots.  New hardware didn't fix
it, had several people check the configs all were good. After 2 months of going
back and forth, escalating to a higher tier tech...   I officially got a
response that 1 million connections is too much for the 1072 and I should
expect it to reboot and not function properly.  That was their conclusion.
Even though all of the 72 processors are under 50%,  memory usage is only about
20% etc.  Turn off connection tracking is the their solution.

How about those apples?

                STEVEN KENNEY

      DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL CONNECTIVITY & CONTINUITY