I agree...I do radio mobile path analysis and have been dead on with
licensed 900MHz links...
When I worked for ESS and first starting working on  EPWU projects back in
2005-6, I suggested using 4.9GHz for their PTP backhauls.
Now they are going to start phasing out 900MHz in some locations and use
4.9..
They are not aware that right across the border, Cd. Juarez now has tons of
Radwin 4.9GHz links....should be interesting...