At least the days of computer manufactures making everything proprietary is no longer a thing :)
Except  Apple --LOL

On 4/6/21 2:19 PM, Chuck McCown via AF wrote:
The canopy crew was much more fun back in those days. They would invite me to Schaumberg and visit with the engineers.  Show them my stinger prototypes etc.  They gave me canvas software to do special things in the transmitter and even let me do FCC type approval work alongside them in the same labs.  Things were great.  Tom Hulsebosch and the other Tom (Gruba?) were super great at working with the channel partners and fanning all the flames. Chuck Macenski would stick his neck out time and time again to help everyone. Then, I can only presume, someone in Mot HQ decided to step in and “help” this group of “loose cannons” turn things into a proper Motorola division or something.  I only know that once Tom and Tom were gone I got bupkis by the way of support and collaboration.  I could name a couple of guys that actively worked against me.  Hope karma bit them in the balls eventually.
*From:* Jason McKemie
*Sent:* Tuesday, April 6, 2021 1:09 PM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Spectrum Analyzer...old school
I always loved the error message:
Unauthorized (401)
Through a series of highly sophisticated and complex algorithms, this system has determined that you are not presently authorized to use this system function. It could be that you simply mistyped a password, or, it could be that you are some sort of interplanetary alien-being that has no hands and, thus, cannot type. If I were a gambler, I would bet that a cat (an orange tabby named Sierra or Harley) somehow jumped onto your keyboard and forgot some of the more important pointers from those typing lessons you paid for. Based on the actual error encountered, I would guess that the feline in question simply forgot to place one or both paws on the appropriate home keys before starting. Then again, I suppose it could have been a keyboard error caused by some form of cosmic radiation; this would fit nicely with my interplanetary alien-being theory. If you think this might be the cause, perhaps you could create some sort of underground bunker to help shield yourself from it. I don’t know that it will work, but, you will probably feel better if you try something.