I have had trouble cat5e over time where the cable speeds fade especially over longer distance but currently Cat6 does seem to be holding its own.
If the radio has a sfp port we use it.

On 7/26/21 8:57 AM, Josh Luthman wrote:
That's absolutely not true.  All of our gig links are cat5e.  Cat6 may or may not help, but it absolutely is not a requirement.

Josh Luthman
24/7 Help Desk: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St