History is an interesting thing. Archive.org literally changed history,
like it or not, trump facilitated that. Remember when he was elected they
went full potato because trump was going to delete their
record...dumbasses. but they decentralized.  Now, assuming they arent the
turds they are, there is a record unlike ever in the history of man.
History books will be more difficult to write since source material is
available to the laymen with a key word search. There is very little not
digitized and published online nowadays.
In years coming, even revisions of revisions will be in the public eye.