I have a couple stand alone ESXi servers (6.5.0). I'm trying to move a 30GB server image from one server to another. Trying to download the VM machine image file onto my desktop with VCenter, it gets about 80% done and times out. Same with trying Veeam backup tools. It throws an error after about 80%. I'm running an SCP transfer now, but it's only running at about 300Kb/s (Searching online, I guess SCP and ESXi is artificially slow for some reason) so I won't know if it completes for another day.

Is there anything that I'm missing to get the VMImage off the physical hardware? I've moved lots of VMImages before just like this, and never had a problem. The Virtual server is shut down while I'm trying to move the image files.