I'm always hearing about the 1000's of people that Big Tech employs, Google/Facebook/Amazon what do all those people actually do? We know they're not doing support, just look at Forums or NANOG with the number of providers having unresolved GeoIssues. I had a geo ticket open with YoutubeTV for over a year when they decided to just close it since it was messing up their ticket closure numbers.

The Chrome team is probably what, about 6 guys? There's their little android thing too, but still 1000 people on that team?

OK, Amazon actually has stores and warehouses to run, but aren't they all just contractors?

Facebook is just a Database with a fancy frontend, so not much to do there either.

Are the rest of the people all just doing the Ad sales?